Sunday, May 2, 2010

Lessons from the Spill

Daily I watch in horror as the oil spill off the east coast of the US becomes increasingly larger.  And I ask myself several questions
1.  How was this allowed to get so out of control?  Surely there are technologies to dea with this?
2. Didn't BP have plans in place in such an event?
3.  Who lack more moral fibre?  Banks or oil companies?
4. Can Trinidad and Tobago handle a large oil spill or any other disaster for that matter?

So this brings me to another point. We really need to start looking at our reliance on fossil fuel.  Have we all contributed to this disaster?  Has our thirst for larger cars, more travel, luxury etc contributed to this continued dependence on fossil fuel?

Maybe now is the time to step back and decide.  What can I do?  Drive less, walk more?  Buy less, grow more?  Travel less, read more?

Stay tuned for my list

No comments:

Post a Comment