Saturday, February 20, 2010

Gently Used

So lately I have been toying and deliberating over purses/handbags etc. I do love my leather handbags but the act of tanning is so polluting (let's not even talk about the animals). Then there are those plastic ones (polyurethane) which try to look like leather but fail, and I just hate them. So what's a girl to do? Several options. How about a cloth bag? They can be quite attractive, funky and have a bohemian-hippie vibe. I own quite a few in a variety of colours and I find them quite exciting. But what about you corporate gals out there? I know you're thinking that you need a structured leather bag in a sane colour. So have you considered vintage? I went to a "gently used" shop in Manhattan New York this week and was pleasantly surprised by what was on offer. The biggest coup for me though was a pale pink Italian leather bag that was in the "Kelly" style. For you fashionistas out there, that style was named after the actress Grace Kelly and is a much sought after Hermes bag. So now I have a great leather bag, classic style and no-guilt. Try it. You may consider on-line sources. Or what about a purse swap? Most of tire of our leather bags long before their useful lives and then just keep them in storage. Think about it

No comments:

Post a Comment