Sunday, March 21, 2010

Hurrah for Sunday Shopping

Today I digress from my usual musings to discuss shopping.  Not exactly a favourite pastime of mine but I do like nice things.  Problem is that I don't like traffic, fighting for a park and then guess what.  I still don't get what I want.  That's why I am all for online shopping.  But that can be expensive and wasteful and we really do need to support our local economy.  So no more online shopping (except for dvds because it is impossible to get reasonably priced original dvds here).  But have you ever been to the supermarket on an evening?  It's like it is month-end every day!  And the traffic and parking nightmare.  That brings me to my point of Sunday shopping.  My new routine on Sunday morning is heading to the market, then supermarket and any other shopping I may have.  Not much traffic, not many people.  Just great.  Very little stress.  In fact what is not available on Sunday I have decided not to buy.  There may be many detractors to Sunday shopping for a lot of reasons.  But I am not one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment