Monday, March 8, 2010

Natural Cosmetics

Having not been blessed with skin that could be washed with soap and water and look camera ready, I have subjected my skin to anti0biotics overload (terrible teenage acne), salicylic acid (same reason) and a host of other chemical concoctions.
Time has been rather benevolent to my skin (problems notwithstanding) but with age comes wisdom, as they say.  However, more and more I am looking at natural solutions to skin care as well as makeup.  Masks are now a combination of paw-paw skin (when in season), sour cream, plain yoghurt and honey.  Perhaps not best suited to my skin type but I love the cooling effect of these ingredients on my skin and I love how my skin feels afterwards.  I am also into mineral makeup, which goes on like powder but does not exaggerate my pores.  When I do use other commercial products, I look at all the ingredients and look for labels like natural, mineral, organic, not tested on animals, hypoallergenic.  I also like to patronise companies that are socially responsible and contribute to the communities that provide the ingredients.  I am also using cold-pressed home-made coconut oil faithfully on my hair as I love the scent and the deep conditioning effect it brings.
This topic requires a lot more research and experimentation on my part but I am not complaining!

No comments:

Post a Comment