Monday, March 8, 2010

Using laundry water

I think we have now forgotten what rain looks like here in Trinidad.  It is so parch, scary for early March and the poui trees are already in full bloom.  Rather early if my memory serves me correctly.  Got water yesterday so I decided to do some laundry.  Usually this is a task that is performed whilst I am elsewhere.  I decided to monitor the washing machine and I was actually collecting some of the rinse in my trusted watering can.  I was able to water plants that I usually ignored with the slightly soapy water.  I am not too worried though as I use environmentally friendly detergent so am hoping that there is no damage to my plants as a result.  I must say that I am quite pleased with my efforts even though it did require frequent monitoring of the machine when I had actually preferred to be watching the pre-Oscar fashion parade.  The sacrifices one must make.  I am now waiting patiently on Dr Ecologist to design my rain-garden.  Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment