Monday, March 22, 2010

Lists

I didn't think that I would be reduced to writing lists, seemed so generic, as if I could not construct a full sentence so I decided to write lists instead.  But as we celebrate World Water Day today I thought that maybe I could write a list for all that I am thankful for.  Today.

1.  Access to good quality, potable water at least five times per week
2. Good health
3. Access to good sanitation
4. Ability to absorb sunshine everyday.  No lacking of Vitamin D for me
5. Free access to books via the local library.

Maybe everyday we can focus on three things that we are thankful for.  It would help us move away from negative thoughts that can be so energy-sapping and time-wasting.  So the next time we are hanging out with friends, let's dedicate only 10 minutes to complaining and the rest of time to celebrating!

No comments:

Post a Comment